NextCycle Colorado, a method built to boost production methods for recycled or recovered content material in Colorado, will host a pitch competitiveness on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at eTown Hall in Boulder, Colorado. In the course of the competitiveness, businesses trying to get to link with personal investors will pitch progressive ideas from diverting plastic waste into new uncooked elements, to resourceful works by using of compost and scrap tires.
The opposition is the fruits of NextCycle Colorado programming, which pursues imaginative concepts to boost recycling and composting end marketplaces — firms that manufacture new goods from recycled components. This year’s event will showcase nine teams that expended the previous four months receiving mentorship from marketplace leaders, topic matter specialists, and technological assist from Useful resource Recycling Devices.
“This is an fascinating time for recycling in Colorado, as we’re placing progressive attempts in motion that have the opportunity to definitely transfer the needle and enhance recycling premiums statewide,” stated Jill Hunsaker Ryan, government director of the Colorado Section of General public Well being and Ecosystem. “NextCycle has assisted foster important innovations from area businesses, and I appear ahead to the resourceful options these latest teams provide to Colorado.”
“By investing time and assets into the teams, NextCycle Colorado results in stronger recycling organizations for the point out,” mentioned Kendra Appelman-Eastvedt, Recycling Grants Supervisor at CDPHE. “These organizations will create new careers, goods, and expert services, and most importantly continue the momentum towards our objective of recycling additional in Colorado.”
The NextCycle application selects new and expanding companies and businesses by way of a competitive application approach, and provides benefit by connecting teams to means and skills required to arrive at a point where by they’re completely ready to receive investments and implement their concepts. NextCycle teams have been awarded in excess of $1.5 million in Recycling Resources Economic Opportunity program grants from CDPHE considering the fact that the program’s inception in 2018.
The groups that will be showcased 2022 pitch levels of competition incorporate:
- An early-stage crew consisting of Countrywide Renewable Vitality Laboratory experts Kevin Sullivan and Mikhail Konev, who are acquiring a new technologies to transform plastic squander into usable raw elements for producing.
- Colorado Earth, centered in Golden, is a neighborhood maker of sustainable building components manufactured from leftover and waste quarry materials and other recycled components.
- Compost Queen has a hyperlocal compost procedure in Fort Collins. They lover with area farms to compost residential meals waste by hauling and processing, and also offer instructional expert services to the local community.
- Delta Brick and Weather Firm, situated in Montrose, employs sediment from the Paonia River and recycled glass to make green building elements for Colorado’s developing populace.
- Docupots generates 100% recyclable and compostable seedling pots from article-buyer recycled paper in Sterling.
- Elements Mountain Compost is a rural composting operation in Salida. They divert and approach natural and organic resources for inhabitants and firms.
- RepEATer is a reusable container company primarily based in Boulder that partners with dining establishments and food shipping and delivery companies to minimize squander and fees.
- T2GR (Tires To Green Recycling), based mostly in Hudson, transforms scrap tires into rubber for athletic fields, molding, and other utilizes.
- Trash Panda develops ground breaking products in Aurora with 100% recycled plastics in the promptly escalating sport of disc golf.
“Colorado NextCycle supports companies and companies at every amount,” stated Juri Freeman, Handling Principal at Useful resource Recycling Devices. “The point out has huge entrepreneurial expertise, and the Pitch Competitiveness is the chance to elevate the teams and acquire their enterprises to the up coming level.”